A Little Something About Me

My photo
I am a young female trying to make it though college and learn how to do what I love.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Feathers and Wings

This post will be different than my other ones. Having issues with the pictures not wanting to line up correctly with the information about them. I may at a later point in time fix it up but for now this will have to do!

First the fun time of making them all fluffy like and more feather like. This process took a bit longer than I thought only due to the fact my first idea to stiffen them had failed me so I had to go to plan b and that needed more stuff for it.

Then came the organization of them all. I got them spilt into set 1 and 2. It does not really matter which set I use for which wing. So far how it seems to be going is set 1 will be left and then set 2 will be right. Also a small issue with my wings overall is they don't like hot weather. So Blizzcon you better not be hot when I go outside! The only issue mainly is what I use to stiffen them seems to disappears when in a room (making them in my room) that goes over 82 degrees ish.

Finally I have started to build the wings! I am still a bit nervous from how the long feather layer on the left wing came out due to a small issue with the stand itself makes it pretty much impossible for me to know if they are the right length or not til I do the other wing. If they end up looking the same then I will have to cut the ends of 4 feathers. Also got a some burns from me just not paying enough attention and getting distracted by many things. It sucked quite a bit but I will live and oddly enough since I wrapped them up it might help me tomorrow when doing the right wing.

The timeline of the wings is the following:
Long Layer Left Wing - 1 Day (today)
Long Layer Right Wing - 1 Day (tomorrow)
Medium Layer Both - 1 to 1 1/2 Days (12th to 13th it should take 1 day but it may go over if I am having issues with the burns I have or will get)
Small Layer Both- 1/2 to 1 Day.

Quick note about the pictures: Do the fact I am working in my room which is 10ft by 10ft and my wings are about 7 and half feet and have to go almost in the middle of my room I don't got a lot of room for pictures. Once I am fully done I will move the wings from my room to the living room for some pictures. Sorry. >.< (also my room is such a mess right now)

Pictures:




This shows the fluffy the medium length will go a few inches past were the board that is holding the harness




Yes that is my foot. This is me trying to get an overall picture in my room lol

No comments:

Post a Comment