A Little Something About Me

My photo
I am a young female trying to make it though college and learn how to do what I love.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Big Wing Update!!!

Big update time !!! The wings are built and up! I may or may not do a few more things but so far things are pretty set in stone with the wings.



So here is a quick picture of one of the wings with just the second layer being applied. During this time is when I noticed a lot of my feathers were getting unfluffy due to me bending them and making adjustments on the placement.





This is when I got the last layer on after the set back that 7 sets that went along the highest points of the wings were off by about 4 inches which did surprise me a bit and I still don't know how they got that off, I was expecting some to be 1 inch maybe 2 inches but those feathers may end up  being used on the highest parts since it seems a bit bare but I do like it as it is right now. It keeps going back and forth in my head, I may just keep them in case something happens to one of the feathers and it needs to be partly replaced in some way.






This is the final time me bending the feathers to get the flow of the feathers, I didn't take a picture of the first time so sorry! Something you may of noticed in the picture is the bottom looks different. This is due to the fact I did re fluffy them up from me messing with the feathers getting them to the right angle and all of that stuff.





This is the top part of the wings ! I used a jewelry clear plastic thread type to get the boas on. This isn't 100% done yet since at the edges I just need to glue into PVC pipe (there is no caps so I just need a little glue and stick it in there.

This is just the back view of the wings.






So the last thing I need to do with the wings is do a trial run with them on my harness which should happen probably on Thurs or weds. What my goals are for this week (being the last week I can work on this before I am moving). Tomorrow is to try on my outfit then finish the harness by adding in the feathers all lengths and the top part. Then on Weds is when I do my full body paint time test. Now depending on how long it takes and when I start, all of that stuff I may do the test then. I don't think at this point in time I will have me in body paint with the wings with the outfit on as a picture. (If I do the wings test on weds I will be in my body paint, if thrus I won't be) I also still need to test out my bald cap which will be done on tues or weds. (most likely weds)


One last things, for those who are going and if you don't got a big costume on and stuff or not cosplaying at all, anyone willing to help me on the first day getting my wings on my harness then down in the elevator ? I hate to wait last minute to ask people so I am throwing it out there now. (my goal is to be down in front of the convention at about 9am)

No comments:

Post a Comment