A Little Something About Me

My photo
I am a young female trying to make it though college and learn how to do what I love.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Update time! With pictures =O

Hello everyone! I finally have all the pictures that I was hoping to get. Reason for me not posting soon was that I had to change my harness skeleton and then a few other things needed to be fixed up a bit compared to what I first did. I think the heat did me in on the bad decisions I was making. Need to drink a lot of water even if I don't feel thirsty.



This first picture is mainly of the overall stand that I built so when I do put on my "feathers" that I can bend them to the right angle and once the wings are built and done then this will be fixed up (mainly attach a clamp then something else under it to make it I can still get it out) for my room and the hotel room so I don't take up a lot of space. Still looking for roommates for that in case there is anyone interested. Also why there is that shade at the base/ground is due to the fact I got an old old computer chair we had and put that on the bottom. The wheels don't worry 100% but it makes it a lot easier to move then a piece of flat wood.   








This is the wing skeleton for the main wings. It is right now just piping. There may be added structure in this but at this time I don't believe my feathers will need it. I will explain this when I get to the feathers section of this post.






Here is the first edit that I did on the wings. I decided to cut down the straight part of the wings since they seemed like they were going up to much. Also this will be the spot where it could be pulled up so I could go to the bathroom if I need to. It all depends on if I drink water.
This was the second change that I made. Before as you can see in the first picture that it was a lot bigger but then when I got to thinking of the padding and how it would fit on my back I came to the decision that it was to LONG. I had the width right but it went down to far on my back. A tip I recommend for those who will have something attached to their back, have someone else or (as what I did) have somewhere you could put it so you can see how it will fit. That way you can make sure it will work. The only reason before I thought it was fine since I was only comparing it to the front of my body and it fit fine but when it went to my back it had spots where it seemed to go almost to my butt and that would be painful (even with padding) to walk around with. One thing about this I haven't 100% decided on was the type of padding material I will use. I am going to talk with "my" seamstress who helps me with all the sewing for possible materials. If you have something to recommend
 PLEASE TELL ME!
     Here are my shoes! They are also know as FM shoes. Thank you Heather S. for giving me the link to them. They are pretty much what I needed. These will take me a while to get use to but I am starting to get it down but I have issues when I try to walk fast. I know with my wings I will be walking PRETTY SLOW but I do need to work since normally I walk fast, what some people call speed walking. Also these shoes have something else you can't see which should be fun to wear at the Blizzcon Afterparty which you can see in the next two pictures of the shoes. ^^

OMG SECRET POCKET!!!!!!

This is the back view of the shoes!

So this is the cloth I will be using to make the feathers. This is laid out on my bed so you can see it better. One thing I was doing all today mainly was trimming the edges since they always put on extra fabric since the edges aren't always as pretty since since as you can tell this is fluffy. Sometimes the edges get cut off wrong. Lucky for me I didn't have the cloth fluffy cut but a very short section at the TOP of it so it will be no problem what so ever. It is pretty soft and nice so it won't bug my skin when it is hitting it. 
Here is my test feather in the right color that I did a while back. The picture is blurry since I did put another type of cloth try right next to it. Once I make the feathers (technically start to make them) I will post a better picture. this one did have a bit of trimming but the only different that will happen is the bottom as you can see it flat so that need more of a curve. I hope to post a tutorial (there is only 1 tutorial on this type of thing that I could find) There are some fake feather tutorials but not with this type of material. One thing I haven't taken a picture of is the back but it has a little seam in the back and also there will be wire on it so then it can bend. The wire I decided on was 16 gauge wire. I thought of 12 gauge but it was getting difficult to bend. This will kept itself shape but has the ability to bend slightly. I may though have to double up on the wire for the longest feathers. I am going to a test with my feather to see if I should double the wire or not by twisting the wire. I will find out tomorrow. The other feathers for their length should not need the double wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment