A Little Something About Me

My photo
I am a young female trying to make it though college and learn how to do what I love.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Feather Update!

Well, it is getting there. This will be the longest part (timewise) due to the lengths. The medium length feathers are HALF of the size of these. Then the smaller ones are half of the medium length size about. So once the long ones are done it will seem to go faster.



Here is when I first cut them out. I mainly did it so I didn't have to worry about the length when cutting these in half to get the ideal size. Sorry about the lighting but as you can see I had my window shade up so the purple walls make thing look all purple bluish.












Here is after when I cut them all in half. There is 42 strips of this fabric now hanging in my room. As you can see better in this picture is the yellow stick notes which have a number on them. That way when I am going though them I can see on my list which feather this will be and the length of them.







Here is the overall feather which is 49 inches long. I am lucky to have a floor that is a darkish color so you can see how fluffy it is . Also look there is my foot. =O  This is after a lot of struggling with the wire backing which I will talk about soon in this post.








This is just a close up of the bottom of the fake feather. It shows how part of it is a bit see though as I was talking about in previous post. This is also the reason why I can't say for sure if I will need to make more or not. Hopefully not, it takes me long enough do these as is.








This is the back view of the feather. As you can see there is a sem and I plan on painting that white using (not 100%) some type of puffy paint or just normal paint or nothing at all. Going to wait til I see all of them up on my wings to decide. Adding the paint would not be to much of an issue since this is the back and I can see all of them very easily.




Also with regards to the wire, I do have to do a twist (doesn't have to be tight twist) but it does now require me to order more wire tonight so I know that I got enough. Tonight I will also be ordering all the other supplies I need. Hopefully knock out all the wire tomorrow if not finish have it done by sat. I wish I had help but yeah. Well hopefully things go well. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment